Saturday, April 18, 2009

Windows Live Writer (For Monique)

Before I even started writing this blog, I downloaded Windows Live Writer and it’s the best thing ever! It makes publishing blogs so easy.

All of my past blogs are listed by post order in the side pane. Below them are my “Insert” options (Hyperlink, Pictures, Videos, etc). What makes it easy? For instance, when I click on Hyperlink, it asks for the website and then right underneath, there is a box for typing what you want the link to be called in your post (ex. Windows Live Writer as I typed above). It even has an option for downloading more plugins such as Polaroid Picture

and Windows Live Messenger Smilies smile_wink. It’s pretty amazing. It also has a Font editor so you can change colors and fonts right from the writing screen.

The best part is, I don’t have to be signed into my blog to post. I just open Windows Live Writer and it will publish to my blog automagically (a Disney word). I have tested it. It posts within seconds of hitting the “Publish” button. There’s even an option to view your blog before you post it. It shows it in the Live Writer window just as it would look on your blog page.

It’s not just for Blogger.com either. It gives you several different Blog options when you set up your account. I only have one blog but you can have multiple blogs linked to Live Writer account and switch between them with a drop down screen.

I recommend this to all bloggers, especially beginners like Monique and myself. It’s FREE and easy to download.

1 comment:

  1. i can't read half of the blog bc the pic is blocking it....

    ReplyDelete